Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life. Is. Good.

When you've lived the kind of life I've lived and had the type of experiences that I've had; making that kind of statement is not only bold, but almost an invitation for an attack of some sort. Even with that in mind; I've got to reiterate. Life. Is. Good.
My job had been irritating me for a while but I realized that it was a mess of my own making. My home situation has changed completely and I find myself RUSHING to get home. I can't recall a time in my life when I've ever felt that way. Ever.
My boyfriend is amazing and I'm no longer using my mother's vehicle.
Since October, when my most recent vehicle killed itself, I've been using my mother's Explorer to transport my daughter to her while I work. Both of these favors (some might say duties) have apparently been very burdensome to her. A fact she made known very crassly and at a very inopportune time. The very next morning, not 24 hours later; I bought a vehicle of my own. A 25 year old Jeep that quickly took on the nickname "The Pig". Why? Because it's a hooptie, no sense in sugarcoating it. Who puts lipstick on a pig? (And it IS a Jeep; their made to roll around in the mud). No one in their right minds. It runs well enough and should last me while I save up for a GOOD car. A nice little foreign 5 speed that I can dress up.
It feels good picking my daughter up from my parents house and not having to pull my mother's keys off the table, feeling some kind of way for coming in, getting my little girl and walking back out without removing my coat.
The next step is to relieve her of her child care duties. There's a daycare less than a mile from my house; the same one my best friend sends her kids to. By putting her there; I'll be able to save an hour each way everyday when I drop her off and pick her up.
I'm feeling humbled at the direction my life is taking because in my 30 years; I can't say that I've been content, or happy in my space.
It's especially easy for me to recognize all of my blessings because so many of my friends and associates are going through so much right now personally, professionally and emotionally. I can only be thankful. I go to an amazing church with an even better Bishop.

No comments:

Post a Comment