Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Wise Woman...

So one of my awesome customers gave me a gift card for Christmas. I was simultaneously taken aback and grateful. I held onto it for a few days; not knowing what to spend it on... Myself perhaps? What a concept!
One Wednesday after church, I visited the newly expanded book store and picked up a copy of a book that I kept hearing about that was written by Co-Pastor/First Lady of the church. Dr. Charisse Gibert; "A Wise Woman Builds Her House".

It took a few weeks before I got to it but ever since I've started reading it; I can't put it down! It's phenomenal! I've been doing a lot of soul searching these past few months. Leading up to and after my 30th birthday; I've been having what I like to call a quarter life crisis. But it's not a bad crisis in that I'm not making poor decisions or doing anything rash or out of the ordinary. Mostly; I've been evaluating my life and the quality of the life I've been living.

For me; 30 has always been that age that I told myself that "this" and "that" were going to have happened by. My J.D. degree; the big ole house in the suburbs (or swanky neighborhood in the city), the vacations, luxury cars and disposable income. From the outside looking in; things aren't so bad on my part really. From me looking at myself critically; I'm WAY off. A divorcee, single mom working at a demanding job (that I love but might be too old for) and carrying an extra 60 lbs that I vowed to rid myself of after my daughter was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment