Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Concussions, Confessions and Breaking the Back of Confusion

Three days before Christmas, I was at work, out on my route and I fell on some snow covered ice, landing on the back of my head. Now me being the tough chick that I am; I wanted to shake it off and go on about my day, servicing my customers. Fortunately, I contacted my manager who urged me to go to the clinic to get checked out. As it turns out; I have a concussion. Something I never took seriously or even knew much about prior to getting one myself.
I was released for work after four days of being off, more, I think, because of my urgency to return to work than a genuine evaporating of symptoms. I went to church today for the first time this year. In the past few months; I've been so busy and bogged down at work or with other things that I just don't get up for service. I had been pretty good about going to Wednesday night service to pay my tithes and spend some QT with JC but not this year.
So this morning, I travailed, picked up my best friend and went to church with my daughter in tow. And thank God I did! I'm believing for some SERIOUS stuff in the new year. Things that are going to allow me to serve the Lord in a different and more powerful way and much of that is what the Bishop taught about.
I've been practicing the ABCs of faith (Ask, Believe, Confess, Demonstrate, Expect, & Forgive) and all that was left to do was to sow seed for it. Service was amazing (as usual) though the loud music and bright lights REALLY did something to my head.
Ever since my fall, I've had an underlying throb that won't stop where my head bounced off the pavement. There's a ringing in my ears that hasn't subsided and makes it difficult to sleep. All things being equal and honest; I don't know that I'm really fit to drive as much as I do. I feel weird all the time. I was just starting to feel like my normal self again last week, but some moments; I feel like I've taken Benadryl or Nyquil. It's frightening. But I can't worry about that stuff right now. At the end of the month; I'm buying a house. The first house that I will both own and live in. The last property I owned was an investment that I bought for a few thousand dollars from the County. This one will most likely be the home that I will share with my future husband.
It's a cute little house on the edge of the city flanked by two small suburbs, a huge park and several horse trails. I'm more than excited. These last six months have been more than amazing; I've seen God move in ways in my life that I've prayed and believed for for YEARS. In spite of all the bad, I know that indeed "All things work together for the good of them who love God and are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28) So I'm not worried or afraid of anything that's to come. In fact; I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment